Information Publication Scheme for England and Wales
Welcome to Abbey dental Care, Publication Scheme as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
How much does it cost?
The publications are all free unless otherwise indicated. Where information is provided at a cost the charges will be calculated as set out in the table on the following pages.
How is the information made available?
Information is made available in hard copy such as leaflets [and in some cases downloadable from the practice website which is www.abbeydentalcare.co.uk , each section has further details. For information regarding this publication scheme please contact the Practice Manager who will also be pleased to receive your questions, comments and complaints. Lindsey O’Neill will make best endeavours to supply all information requested in hard copy or CD within 7 working days.
Your rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made
- The Dental Practice is obliged to respond to requests about information that it holds, and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to such information. These rights are subject to some exemptions which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your dental records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the practice manager to do this.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to the Practice Manager.
Cost of information
For the most part, we will charge you only for hard copies or copying onto media (e.g. CD ROM). Some information is available free, but for others there may be a charge. The charges will vary according to how information is made available. Charges are as follows:
- Via the Dental Practice Web Site – free of charge, although any charges for Internet Service provider and personal printing costs would have to be met by the individual
- For those without Internet access, a single printout as on the website would be available by post from the practice or by personal application at the practice. However, requests for multiple printouts, or for archived copies of documents, which are no longer accessible or available on the web, may attract a charge for the retrieval, photocopy, postage etc. We will let you know the cost and charges that will have to be paid in advance. We will not provide printouts of other organisation’s websites
- Leaflets and brochures – free of charge for leaflets or booklets on, for example, services we offer to the public. A list is available in class 7
- “Glossy” or other bound paper copies, or in some cases a CD Rom, video or other mediums, are for charge as in our publication lists available from Lindsey O’Neill.
- Email will be free of charge unless it says otherwise
- A copy of your dental records in paper will cost £35
These charges will be reviewed regularly.
This Information Commissioner’s Office web site www.ico.gov.uk
The Area Team web site www.england.nhs.uk/north/nyh-at
The Practice web site www.abbeydentalcare.co.uk
Material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to the Dental Practice’s copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is done so accurately in a manner which will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme. For HMSO Guidance Notes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm