There are many different teeth straightening options available on the market nowadays and here at Abbey Dental Care, we offer four different methods, which include Inman Aligner, ClearSmile Aligner, Clear Guide and Invisalign.
Today, we focus on Invisalign and look at this innovative orthodontic system in more depth. Invisalign involves the user wearing a series of clear, customised teeth aligners over a period of time. This period can be as short as 3 months to 18 months, depending on how much the teeth need to move. The average length of treatment time is around 12 months for adults.
Your dentist will make a series of tailor-made clear, plastic aligners for you to wear and you will usually go back to get your new set of aligners every few weeks. The aligners must be worn for around 20-22 hours per day for the treatment to be effective. Some people experience temporary discomfort for a few days at the beginning of each new stage of treatment. This discomfort is usually described as more of a pressure feeling and will be alleviated after the first few days.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- The Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible
- They fit in with your lifestyle
- They are removable so you can clean your teeth easily and attend events aligner-free
- No restrictions on what you can eat or drink as can eat and drink without them in
- There are no metal brackets or wires that could irritate your mouth
- Allows the patient to view virtual results and a treatment plan before they start to see how they will look after the treatment is complete
- Mild, temporary pain of tooth movement at each new treatment stage
Is Invisalign right for you?
When considering Invisalign, the patient can have a computerised plan, which enables them to see how long treatment will take and to understand what to expect.
You can now upload a photo of yourself and submit it on a form to Invisalign who will simulate a visualisation of how you would potentially look after Invisalign treatment. This can be completed at www.invisalign.co.uk/en/Results/Pages/Smile-Simulation.aspx
Teeth straightening can not only improve a person’s confidence when they smile with pride, but it can also improve the functionality of the teeth. This can lead to the better long-term health of your teeth and gums as straighter teeth are much easier to clean and floss, resulting in better general overall oral hygiene, fewer cavities and reduced chances of gum disease.